- Cut a length to fit your freezer shelf or the interior footprint of the cooler that you are using.
- Submerge and soak in water until the cells are completely full, which takes about 5 to 12 minutes depending on your water quality.
- Place the blanket with the mesh side down on a towel and wipe any excess water out of the grooves of the shiny poly side.
- Place in your freezer with the mesh side up.
- After frozen, you can stack the blankets always keeping a mesh side in contact with a poly side, or poly side in contact with a poly side. FYI, we stack the blankets in pairs…..poly side to poly side. Then we put a piece of cardboard on top of the mesh side and stack another pair. Our freezer shelves will hold 7 pairs stacked in this manner.
NEVER let two mesh sides come in contact or they will become stuck together and rip when you attempt to separate the two pieces.
NEVER allow the blankets to soak in water longer than 30 minutes, or they may absorb too much water and rupture.